EtherNet/IP module extends soft starter connectivity
The new Danfoss EtherNet/IP module extends VLT® Soft Starter connectivity by providing access to full control and monitoring across the network. No extra components are required to provide applications with a greater competitive edge.
Save time and cost
The VLT® Soft Starter MCD 500 and VLT® Compact Starter MCD 201 and MCD 202 support network communication through a series of easy-to-install fieldbus communication modules, now extended to include EtherNet/IP. The other modules provide communication through Modbus RTU, PROFIBUS, and DeviceNet.
EtherNet/IP module features include:
- Easy connectivity for the soft starter to EtherNet/IP-based networks, such as Rockwell PLC systems
- Integration into the PLC configuration tool is fast, using an EDS file
- Cabling is extremely simple thanks to a built-in dual-port switch, with no need to install additional expensive switches or hubs
- For improved communication, the EtherNet/IP module supports a traditional line network as well as Device Level Ring (DLR) topology
- The built-in web server provides easy access to IP address configuration, and network diagnostics
The EtherNet/IP module ensures that the VLT® Soft Starter MCD 500 and VLT® Compact Starter MCD 201 and MCD 202 are productive contributors to EtherNet/IP networks.
Note: The EtherNet/IP module is not suitable for VLT® Compact Starter MCD 201 or MCD 202 using 380-400 V control voltage.